For Crying Out Loud is Kasabian's sixth studio album. It will be released on 5 May 2017.
After Serge mentioned that he was working on new material in January 2015, it took until after the end of the 48:13 Tour before anything was confirmed. In early December 2015, Ben posted a picture of himself, Serge and Tim at Strongroom Studios in London on his personal Instagram account, which was later deleted. On 13 January 2016, a picture from inside The Sergery was posted on Kasabian's official Instagram account. Later that month, an article about the history of Strongroom Studios confirmed that the band recorded there in February 2016.
In an interview with Radio X in April 2016, Serge confirmed that he was in the studio, but didn't give any definite details: "I'm mooching about. I've got a little studio at home so I'm always in there, just escaping from reality."
In the March 2017 issue of Q Magazine, Serge revealed that the album was finished in May 2016, but instead of putting it out they decided to take the summer off instead. However, they had already announced in a May interview that the album would be released in autumn 2016, and the subsequent lack of news led to a lot of frustration among the fans.
On 28 May 2016, Kasabian debuted new song Put Your Life On It at their gig at Leicester's King Power Stadium. Asked about the progress of the album on the same day, Tom said there was "[n]othing concrete at the minute but we've got some ideas which we're just rehearsing."
In January 2017, Serge said that after taking a break in 2016, he returned to an album of "beautiful, crafted tunes" and decided to "graffiti over everything." Along with revealing a few more song titles he also mentioned being inspired by Nirvana and The Stooges. In an NME interview following a string of festival announcements, Serge also cited ESG and Talking Heads as influences, describing the new material as guitar-heavy and "a proper feel-good album".
On 10 February 2017, Kasabian announced on their social media that the album is finished.
- Ill Ray (The King)
- You're In Love With A Psycho
- Good Fight
- Comeback Kid
- The Party Never Ends
- Are You Looking For Action?
- All Through The Night
- Sixteen Blocks
- Bless This Acid House
- Put Your Life On It
- Main article: For Crying Out Loud Tour
- "Last year was the best year of my life, but the whole world around that was crumbling. With everyone dying and all the madness around the world, I'm sat there going "I'm having a great time!" It's pretty mental. There's this vision of me in the studio surrounded by vintage synthesisers, that's still standing perfectly but the rest of the world is just fucking bust. I wrote a proper feel-good album that will come out in the summer. It's just the pure positive and complete opposite of what's going on at the moment because that's where I was as a human being. This was my reaction against the rest of the world."
- — Serge (NME.com, 27 January 2017)
- For Crying Out Loud CD Album (PARADISE95)
- For Crying Out Loud 2xCD Album (PARADISE96)
- For Crying Out Loud Cassette Album (PARADISE97)
- For Crying Out Loud 12" Vinyl Album (PARADISE98)
- For Crying Out Loud 3x10" Vinyl Album (PARADISE100)
- For Crying Out Loud CD Album (Japan)
- For Crying Out Loud 2xCD Album (Japan)
- ↑ kasabianofficial on Instagram
- ↑ Still Going 'Strong' 30 Years On: Welcome to Strongroom Studios, London
- ↑ Serge Pizzorno has 'thousands' of ideas for new Kasabian album
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Q Magazine, March 2017
- ↑ Q Magazine, August 2016
- ↑ Kasabian On Their Homecoming Shows At The King Power: 'This Is A Time Capsule Gig'
- ↑ FIFA 17 Soundtrack
- ↑ Kasabian discuss 'guitar-heavy, feel-good' new album
- ↑ @kasabianofficial on Instagram